November 17, 2011

We should be grateful that we're not Native Americans who got their land stolen in exchange for smallpox infested blankets.


Today I had an overwhelming feeling of appreciation for life and I would entirely ungrateful if I didn't write about it. I went over to Canyon Elementary today to visit some of the girls I taught with last year. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to work with them for my first year of teaching. I am so blessed. Heavenly Father knew that was where I needed to be. I don't know where I would be if it weren't for Jamie, Angie, and Nicole. When I was driving away I noticed some of my students from last year playing football on the field, so I stopped to wave. They saw me and ran over to say hi. I am so grateful for children and the sweet spirit they carry with them. I am so blessed to spend six hours with them everyday. I can't wait to have my own children. Oddly enough, I am grateful for my single years. Don't get me wrong, I want to get married and have a family of my own more than anything, but I'm grateful for the time I have had to get things figured out. I feel as though teaching is going to be a big thing in my life, and I'm grateful that I have some extra time to get it all down. On the way home from the school I was able to witness the gorgeous sunset that took place tonight over Utah Lake. I stopped to take pictures of it. I don't document things enough. I am grateful for nature, and the beauty and peace it subtly brings into my life. I'm also grateful for digital photography, so I can take as many pictures as I want so I can get the perfect one. These are just a few of the things I am grateful for. I am so blessed, far beyond what I deserve. I have a loving family, friends, and Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful for their examples, love, and constant support.

No comments:

Post a Comment