July 24, 2012

May your love last long like it's battery-powered

So that guy I'm dating decided that he can't live without me (thank heavens).  He proposed this idea to me, marriage.  Since I'm head over hills for him, I decided it was worth a shot.  Here's the proposal story...

Earlier last week I told Jeremy that I wanted to take him on a date because he is  always spoiling me.  I decided to take him to a Bees game up in Salt Lake.


It was a lot of fun, and there were even fireworks after.  The next day I had to take the Praxis test in the morning, and I realized I didn't have pencils.  I asked  Jeremy if we could stop at Walmart on the way home.  He was a little apprehensive (which I figured was just because he was tired), but he consented.  Once we got home he told me that he had a treat inside for me because I am always spoiling him.  When I opened the front door this is what I saw...






You can't see it in the pictures, but the stairs were lined with candles, and there was also some asphalt pie on the coffee table, I'll explain...

We first met at a service auction.  He bought a dinner that my roommate and I auctioned off.  When he and his roommates came over for the dinner I had made asphalt pie for dessert.  I cut the pie into 8 pieces, not realizing that there were 9 mouths to feed.  Since the slices were already kind of small, I just served them, and didn't have a slice for myself.  I claimed that I was full, and didn't want any.  Sometime while we were dating Jeremy found out this is what had happened.

When we walked down to the basement Jeremy said that he wanted me to finally have my slice of asphalt pie.  He then read a really sweet letter to me, and proposed!  I said yes before he could even get the question out.


He is getting me a custom-made ring, so I just have a band for now.  I'll post a picture of the real ring when I get it.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Nicole! You deserve a great guy since you're such an outstanding girl. Married life is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww so sweet, love this idea!! he sure is a keeper! can't wait to hear all the wedding plans! I'm so glad to know you have a blog. be prepared for another blog stalker:) (mine is kastleman.blogspot.com) love ya and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Nicole! Congrats! Don't forget to send us an announcement :) We miss your face!

    ReplyDelete