March 24, 2013

I hear he controls the weather and wrote the screenplay to Glitter!

So this cold, snowy weather this weekend was far from my favorite.  I am WAY over winter, and I'm ready for spring/summer to begin.  My only remedy for surviving this weekend was to imagine that it was the last snow storm, and after it is over spring can officially begin.  I hope my remedy is actually true, and it is the last of the white stuff for awhile.  I love spring, and I cannot wait for it to truly begin.  Jeremy and I have been much better at going to the gym lately, and I have decided that I am not allowed to buy any new spring/summer clothes until I have become more fit.  This winter was brutal on my body (Okay, I was the one that was hard on my body, but I like having someone to blame.  Inanimate objects are the best to blame because they can't talk back.). One of my favorite snacks after working out is a triple berry smoothie.


 They are super easy to make, and they really hit the spot.  I can proudly say that this recipe is 100% mine.  There may be recipes out there that are similar, but I came up with this smoothie recipe all on my own.  Here it is:

Nicole's Triple Berry Smoothie

1 1/2 cups frozen berries
1/2 cup yogurt (I use lemon)
1 cup orange juice
1 tsp vanilla

Blend ingredients in blender until smooth.  

This recipe is a guesstimate of what I do.  If the smoothie is too thick for you, add more orange juice.  Sometimes I'll add more yogurt because I like the texture it gives the smoothie.  The vanilla is optional, but I think it tastes better with it in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment