March 31, 2013

I’ve had about all the crazy I can for one evening.

Happy Easter ya'll. Today I realized at church that I  hadn't done my visiting teaching for the month of March, and seeing as today is March 31st I figured I probably should do something about that quick.  When I got home from church I whipped up a batch of cupcakes, frosted them, and made Jeremy walk around with me to drop them off.  What a sweet man he is.  The recipe I used was from yourcupofcake.com again.  I seriously love her cupcakes.  Today's concoction was Strawberry Colada Cupcakes:

Strawberry Colada Cupcakes



Coconut Cake:
1 box white cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 Cup oil
1 C. coconut milk
1/3 C. sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp. coconut extract
Strawberry Buttercream:
1 C. butter, softened
4-5 C. powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp. strawberry jam or preserve
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Shredded Coconut
Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine eggs, oils, coconut milk, sour cream, vanilla extract and coconut extract.
4. Add cake mix and stir until smooth.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Buttercream: Beat butter for 2 minutes. Add in powdered sugar until thick. Add strawberry jam 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach the right flavoring. Taste to test :) Mix in vanilla extract.
7. Pipe buttercream onto cooled cupcakes.
8. Sprinkle with coconut.


No comments:

Post a Comment