June 20, 2013

Well, the worst that can happen is that I spend some time in your town and suddenly have an urge to enter a pie in the county fair.

Here I sit watching the NBA finals.  I just finished one of the most delightful treats you could ever want.  I'm telling you, it is pure heaven in a waffle cone.  I don't know if any of you have had a chance to have Costco's gelato, but if you haven't you better find out if your Costco sells it and go get you a cone quick!
I know for a fact that Orem's Costco has this goodness because that is where Jeremy and I go to get it.  I also know that, unfortunately, St. George's Costco does not have it.  In Orem they have 3 different flavors: pistachio, chocolate chip, and chocolate.  I can't decide which is my more favorite out of the chocolate chip and the pistachio.  It was definitely the pistachio at first, but the chocolate chip is beginning to creep up.  Let me tell you about this chocolate chip gelato.  This isn't your typical chocolate chip ice cream.  The vanilla gelato is sheer deliciousness, but the part that gets me every time is the chocolate.  This isn't just wimpy chocolate chips made out of that nasty waxy chocolate substitute, this is chunks of divine milky chocolate that dreams are made of.  To top it off, it comes in a waffle cone, and who doesn't like waffle cones?  You can't go wrong with any of the flavors; they are all marvelous, but if you want pistachio or chocolate chip you need to make sure you get there before 7:00, or you don't have a very good chance of getting some.  They  make it fresh everyday, so when it's gone, it's gone for the rest of the night.  This is the best part, 3 scoops of gelato in a waffle cone is $1.50.  Yeah, that's right, $1.50.  For two it is $3.24, including tax.  You are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment