February 10, 2011

The Day of Love

First off I wanted to report on my progress on my resolution. I have been a lot more outgoing and social. I even was invited (and went!) to Park City with a group to see the aerial skiing competition. It was a lot of fun. We watched the competition (the jumps were amazing), then we went out to dinner. It was delicious!
I have a confession. I have never had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day, yet I love the day! I don't need a boy to make the day spectacular. I usually busy myself handing out valentines to all of my family and friends. I find it a day to do little acts of kindness for anyone and everyone. This year I'm excited to be teaching on Valentine's Day. It will be so fun to have my students pass out valentines and play games. It will be nice to spend the day with kids that love it, instead of mostly bitter girls and guys my age. My problem is that I'm too independent. I realize that I need to date so that I can eventually get married, but I'm completely content being single (most days). My grandma told me that one day I'll meet a guy that I'll want to be dependent on and that I 'll want to need. I think she's right, and that's why I've never really worried about it.

1 comment: