Five Cheese Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup italian blend shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine (I'm going to use beef stock and some basalmic vinegar instead)
- 1 egg
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, blend
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb lasagna noodle
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Blend first two marinara ingredients together in a large saucepan. Add remaining ingredients and heat on medium, stirring frequently. The cheese will melt and the sauce will become creamy. Keep warm.
- Set aside 1/4 of mozzarella cheese. Beat egg into a large mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients, blending well. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to use.
- Cook lasagna exactly according to package directions. Drain and rinse immediately with cold water so they are cool enough to handle.
- When ready to make, spread about 1/4 cup of marinara sauce in a large 9x13 baking dish. Based upon the number of noodles in your 1 lb of noodles, divide the filling accordingly. Lay one lasagna noodle in baking dish and spread with filling along noodle. Loosely roll the noodle up, jelly-roll style. Decide if this looks about right to you. If so, keep rolling the rest of the noodles. Otherwise use more filling per noodle and discard the extra noodles.
- Continue with each lasagna noodle until all noodles are rolled and arranged in baking dish. Cover each roll with remaining sauce, the remaining mozzarella cheese and top with Italian breadcrumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degree for about 35 minutes.