April 13, 2013

It's disturbing to me on several levels, including the fact that I can’t remember the last time I cleaned the floor of the bathroom!

Jeremy and I love the weekends, especially Saturdays.  We love being able to do what ever we want.  Our typical Saturday usually consists of us laying around in our pajamas until late afternoon.  Today was no exception.  Tonight for dinner I wanted to make something super easy.  Why would I want to ruin this perfectly lazy Saturday by cooking up some big meal?  I decided to make one of our favorite dinner meals, which just happens to be one of the easiest meals ever.  It was definitely a win-win situation.  I made stir fry! The best thing about stir fry is you can basically throw in whatever you want and it works.  Here is the recipe I usually use when I make this delightful meal:


Nicole's Stir Fry
(4 servings)

2 chicken breasts
1/2 box of thin spaghetti noodles
1/2 bottle of teriyaki stir fry sauce
some sesame oil
some Sriracha (spicy chili sauce)
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 bag of frozen veggies
1 can of water chestnuts

In a large pot cook noodles.  While noodles are cooking saute chicken in sesame oil, a bit of stir fry sauce, a bit of Sriracha, and garlic.  Once chicken is cooked add veggies and water chestnuts with some more stir fry sauce, Sriracha, and lemon juice.  Cook until veggies are tender.  Add noodles when they are cooked.  Add the rest of the stir fry sauce, and some Sriracha to taste.  Once everything is warm it is ready to eat.

There are a lot of other things you could add to stir fry.  You could use different meat.  You could also add, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, ginger, cumin, etc.  You could also use rice instead of noodle.  Just cook the stir fry, and the rice separately.  When it's time to eat dish up some rice in the bottom of your bowl then throw some stir fry on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment